I am a Commercial Property solicitor based at Butcher & Barlow’s Bramhall office.
I joined the firm in February 2018 from another Bramhall firm of solicitors, having qualified in 1999 and previously worked in leading national law firms for both private and public sector clients. I have extensive experience of a wide variety of commercial property matters including:
- Sales and acquisitions of freehold and leasehold land (with and without funding);
- Landlord and Tenant matters (including new leases and agreements for lease, assignment of existing leases, licences for alterations, renewal leases, surrenders etc.);
- Estate management;
- Portfolio refinancing;
- Conditional contracts, option agreements and rights of pre-emption;
- Property development: acting for developers, regional and national regeneration agencies, landowners and occupiers;
- Property finance: acting on behalf of both borrowers and lenders; and
- Acting for NHS Trusts, Primary Care Organisation and Medical and Dental Practitioners.
Examples of some of the larger transactions I have recently undertaken include:
- Acting for a Manchester medical practice in the surrender of their existing premises to facilitate local regeneration and an agreement for the development and long lease of new premises within a community hub;
- Acting in the funding and acquisition of a small industrial estate, with a number of occupational leases, for a consideration in excess of £5 million for a Cheshire based manufacturer;
- The refinancing of a £15 million residential property portfolio for a commercial and residential property investment company based in Manchester.
I act for a number of local businesses and commercial property owners/ occupiers in Bramhall and the wider area and am delighted to contribute in this way to the community in which I live and work. In particular, I have acted for a number of businesses located in Bramhall Village Square.
I strive to always provide pragmatic, commercial advice to clients and take pride in being approachable and working collaboratively with all parties and their representatives to bring each transaction to a successful conclusion, in the shortest possible timeframe.
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my young family and, when time (and they) allow, playing tennis and escaping with a good book!