I am a commercial property and company and commercial solicitor at Butcher & Barlow’s heads office in Bury. I specialise in a wide variety of commercial property and company and commercial matters and I have been in both sectors since 2006, then qualifying as a solicitor in 2008.
My specialisms include:
- option agreements;
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 renewals;
- new build developments (commercial and residential);
- estate management (renewals, licences, management company matters);
- conditional acquisitions/leases whether it be conditional on planning or otherwise;
- share sales;
- asset purchases;
- shareholder agreements;
- cross option agreements; and
- succession planning in business.
In particular, I act for a number of pension funds and am a Panel Solicitor for a national based pension fund based in the northwest dealing with their acquisitions, sales and lease renewals.
Work highlights include:
- The sale of a of a multi-let business park in Salford on behalf of a Cheshire based client for over £3.5 million.
- The conditional sale of a further multi-let site in Salford conditional on planning permission being obtained by the Buyer together with the grant of an overage up to a maximum of £6 million.
- The sale of a Leeds based printers by a Belgian company in 2009 for £6 million.
- The sale for a Ramsbottom based IT developer to a North American company for £1 million.
- The sale of Bury based Veterinary Practice for £850,000.00 in February 2017.
I am told by my clients that I have a realistic commercial attitude to transactions and a keen eye for detail. I think my straightforward and honest approach fosters trust with my clients.
Legal Insights from James
Corporate & Commercial