I am a solicitor based at the Firm’s dedicated commercial and agricultural office on Gadbrook Park, Northwich.
As a commercial property solicitor I have experience in a broad range of transactions including real estate acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant matters, property management and corporate transactions for a range of clients across a variety of sectors including retail (both high street and shopping centres) office, leisure and industrial.
I am originally from N. Ireland coming across the water to study law at Hull University and then undertaking my training at Kuits in Manchester. After qualifying as a solicitor I worked at a smaller practice doing both commercial property and commercial work. I later specialized solely in commercial property work when I moved to Eversheds Sutherland in Manchester working for many corporate clients. I became an Associate and had an enjoyable for 5 years at Eversheds Sutherland before having a career break to have a family, rejoining the legal profession in 2016 and joining Butcher & Barlow in 2021.
My work typically includes :-
- Sales and acquisitions of freehold and leasehold land;
- Landlord and Tenant matters;
- Property investment transactions;
- Conditional contracts, option agreements and rights of pre-emption; and
- Farm Business Tenancies and some other agricultural work.
Some of my more memorable transactions which demonstrate the breadth of my work are:-
- securing an international client’s first leasehold office premises in the UK.
- dealing with the mining leases and other property issues on the sale of a large mining operation in the North East of England .
- winning a contract race on a very tight timetable for a developer client on a £1.3 million acquisition.
- managing a team dealing with all aspects of a corporate client’s national property portfolio and working closely with their surveyors.
I am a commercially aware, versatile and reliable solicitor with a practicable approach to problem solving with many years of legal experience.
Outside of work I have volunteered for the local scout group and enjoy keeping relatively fit. I am also an active member of our local book club.