I am a partner based at our Runcorn Office where I specialise in residential conveyancing. I am head of the firm’s residential conveyancing department which is Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accredited.
Originally I was part of Hough & Company Solicitors who merged with Butcher & Barlow in 2011. I initially joined Hough & Company as a legal secretary where I then became a Legal Executive in 2004 specialising in residential conveyancing after completing the exams and training required under the Institute of Legal Executives. I then decided to qualify as a Solicitor so sat the necessary further exams required to do this. I undertook my Legal Practice Course at John Moores University in Liverpool.
I have over 18 years experience in residential conveyancing and specialise in all areas of this sector of the law to include the areas detailed below: –
- Sales and purchases of both freehold and leasehold properties;
- Repossession purchases;
- New builds;
- Shared ownership lease properties;
- Lease extensions;
- Freehold reversions;
- Transfers of equity to include transfers following divorce;
- Splitting of titles;
- Creation of leasehold titles;
- Reconstitution of titles where the title deeds have been lost; and
- Adverse possession applications.
I act for all types of clients (both longstanding and new) ranging from first time buyers to established home owners to companies to property developers.
My team and I strive to: –
- Deliver a personal service to each and every client coupled with sound legal advice.
- Deal with every matter as smoothly and efficiently as is possible from inception through to completion whilst keeping our client updated.
- Be personable, friendly, realistic and provide a straightforward approach to each client’s matter.
When I am not helping my clients with their legal matters I love to spend time with my family and friends.
Legal Insights from Lynsey