I am a Solicitor based at our Prestwich office.
I specialise in all elements of Private Client work and all types of Property transactions both residential and commercial.
Private client work includes:
- Estates and Tax planning;
- Preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney; and
- Court of Protection applications.
Residential transactions include:
- Residential house and flat sales and purchases;
- Leases and lease extensions;
- Transfers of Equity;
- Private Mortgages/Legal Charges;
- Adverse Possession Claims;
- Declarations of Trust relating to Property Ownership; and
- Transfers of property following inheritance
- Sale and purchases of freehold titles.
Commercial transactions include:
- Acquisitions and disposals of properties held in a SIPP or SSAS
- Disposals and acquisitions of all types of commercial properties (including agricultural land)
- Commercial leases including renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 acting on behalf of both Landlord and Tenant
- Remortgages and commercial funding
Although each area of practice is different, I find having the knowledge to assist clients with a variety of issues and being able to provide advice and guidance on several areas of law is effective to the clients. There are frequent occasions where a client can attend asking for advice in one area, for example, a new will and when a discussion follows, there may be several property or business aspects that also need attending to at the same time. Having the ability to deal with all issues gives clients continuity and stability and confidence that the transactions will be dealt with efficiently by someone who has full knowledge of the circumstances. Being based at one of our smaller, high street offices where locality and familiarity is key, I find the breadth of work I undertake to be a significant benefit as well as ensuring no day ever becomes too repetitive!
I studied Law at Lancaster University and completed my LPC at the University of Law, Manchester. I joined the firm in February 2017, undertaking my training contract here before qualifying in September 2019.
In my spare time I am part of a local theatre group and enjoy performing in several productions a year. I also volunteer with AGE UK where I befriend elderly people in the local community and any time I have left over is spent walking my crazy cockapoo Archie, reading and trying to relax.
Legal Insights from Jade
Corporate & Commercial