I am a Partner in the Commercial Property Department at Butcher & Barlow’s Gadbrook Park office. I specialise in a wide variety of commercial property matters and have worked in commercial property throughout my career, qualifying as a Solicitor in 2002.
During a varied career, I have worked for international, national, regional and local law firms, together with commercial boutiques. I am a friendly and approachable commercial property ‘all-rounder’ with sixteen years’ post-qualification experience. I have broad experience in a very wide range of commercial property matters but I possess particular expertise in:
- the disposal and acquisition of all types of commercial property;
- dealing with all types of commercial and retail leasing, acting for both landlords and tenants;
- residential and commercial development work;
- property investment transactions;
- commercial landlord and tenant matters;
- real estate re-structuring work and distressed property transactions; and
- delivering commercial property support work on corporate transactions.
During the course of my career, I have acted for a very broad range of clients including commercial landlords and tenants, residential and commercial developers, banks and other lenders, property investors, landed estates, housing associations, charities, manufacturing and industrial concerns, a broad range of trading companies, from small start-ups to fully listed PLCs, local authorities, schools and colleges, sports and social clubs, IT and technology companies, pension trustees, freight hauliers, waste-processing operators and a broad range of high net worth individuals.
In terms of career highlights:
- The largest single transaction which I have been involved in was the sale of a property portfolio for administrators for £660m which was one of the largest commercial real estate transactions in the UK in 2008/2009.
- During the course of my career, I have acted for residential developers on-site acquisitions with an aggregate value of well in excess of £100m.
- I appear in the Legal 500 as a Recommended Lawyer and in the 2019 edition was described as ‘first-rate’.
In addition to being admitted as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales, I have also been admitted as a Lawyer of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, although I do not currently maintain a practising certificate in NSW.
Outside of work, my interests include history, travel, fine art, criminology, rock music, fell-walking, astronomy and enjoying the experience of being a father to three energetic young children!
Legal Insights by Daniel
What our clients say
Daniel acted for my business in a very complex and challenging property relocation transaction.
Daniel was undaunted and rose to the challenge, successfully relocating our business and got the deal done on time and on budget.
I felt that at all times Daniel fully protected our position at every step of the way and through it all remained a calming and reassuring presence who always managed to maintain a good sense of humour, even when the going got tough.
Thank you for all your help Daniel- we chose the right lawyer!