We expect our eyesight to deteriorate with natural aging but when we seek treatment from a healthcare professional we do not expect that treatment to leave us with eyesight worse than it was before. You vision is precious and although most eye treatments are conducted to a high standard, sometimes this standard of care can slip.
This can be as a result of errors in procedures or misdiagnosed conditions.
Our Medical Negligence team here at Butcher & Barlow has the specialist knowledge to pursue a claim for compensation on your behalf if you have experienced eye problems and injuries following:
- laser eye treatment for correction of long or short sightedness
- cataract, corneal or vitreo-retinal surgery
- management of a foreign body in eye
- delay in diagnosis and treatment of Glaucoma
- delay in diagnosis and treatment of eye infections
- trauma to eyes and subsequent management
- corneal abrasions
- traumatic retinal detachment
- diabetic retinopathy
Damage to your eyesight can have life changing consequences and we will assist you in claiming compensation which could give you access to expert remedial treatment and special equipment to help with your rehabilitation.
In many cases we will be able to act on a No Win, No Fee basis meaning that there is no financial risk to you in pursing your clam.