There is plenty to consider when you are choosing commercial property. Is it affordable? Does it have the space you need? Is it in the right location? However, whether you are buying or renting, there are important legal issues to consider.
Our experienced Commercial Property team has a wide range of expertise to protect your rights and make sure you don’t get caught out. We aim to understand your objectives and requirements from the start of the transaction and ensure that your purchase proceeds smoothly to completion.
We can assist with all aspects of the purchase of commercial property including:
- Advising on structure of the proposed transaction; whether the purchase should be in your individual name, through your company or LLP
- Investigating the title to the property including;
- Carrying out relevant property searches depending on the locality and the proposed use;
- Raising appropriate enquiries with the owner;
- Reviewing and reporting on leases to existing tenants of the property and in particular advising you on such matters as tenant break clauses, that could reduce the investment value of the property; and
- Acting for your funder and dealing with any enquiries raised by your funder’s solicitors, if they have separate legal representation.
- Dealing with Stamp Duty Land Tax payable
- Registering your purchase and any mortgage at the Land Registry and Companies House
- Advising you on the taxation aspects of your purchase, such as VAT and Capital Allowances
- Dealing with Collateral Construction Warranties in relation to newly built premises, in the event of latent defects in construction of the property.
Please contact your local Butcher & Barlow office to discuss your requirements to receive a quotation from the person acting for you in connection with your commercial purchase