Conveyancing Assistant: Northwich
Our Northwich office is currently looking for a conveyancing assistant to work within their residential property team.
Department: Residential property
Branch: Northwich, London Road
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30 – 5.00
Purpose of Role: To provide support and a high quality administration service to the conveyancing solicitor and the Firm.
Responsible to: Conveyancing Solicitor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering phone calls and directing phone calls to appropriate person or take messages. Assisting the caller where able to do so (such as updating the client or estate agent as to progress).
- Making appointments for clients and producing file notes with telephone and other communications.
- Filing correspondence.
- Providing conveyancing quotes to clients
- Working independently within a comprehensive case management system
- Requesting searches and paying search fees
- Completing basic conveyancing documents e.g., AP1
- Obtaining Land Registry documents from the HMLR Portal
- Preparing bills and completion statements
- Preparing e-chits to show monies coming in/going out on a case
- Setting up files for completion and assisting with completions
- Opening new files when required.
- Audio and copy typing when required.
- Transcription of digital dictation when required.
- Provide reception cover as required.
- Attendance on clients in person and on the telephone
- Maintain high professional standards, confidence and integrity.
- Such other tasks as the firm may from time to time require.
Qualifications: None essential
Experience: Legal experience within a residential conveyancing department. Case management experience of Proclaim would be advantageous although training will be given.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Appropriate manual dexterity and keyboard skills.
- Effective and courteous communicator, both face to face and over the telephone.
- Work calmly and accurately under pressure.
- Prioritise tasks.
- Effective management of time
- Good standard of computer literacy and willingness and ability to learn new technology.
- Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment
- Pleasant, approachable and polite
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Able to show initiative
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated
Application process: Please send us your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No application form is required.