We are looking to recruit a conveyancer to work within the busy and rapidly expanding residential conveyancing team in our Bury office.
This role is suitable for someone who has some experience in residential property, whether as a fee earner, a paralegal, an assistant or within a training contract. Appropriate training will be provided, depending on the level of experience. The role will include all aspects of residential conveyancing including: Freehold and leasehold sales and purchase including shared ownerships, remortgages and transfers of equity.
Department: Residential Property
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30 – 5.00
Purpose of Role: To provide advice, assistance and representation for clients as directed by the Partners
Responsible to: Designated Partner
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing cases in an efficient manner through to completion.
- Attendance upon clients both in person and by telephone.
- Advising clients as to the appropriate course of action relative to their case.
- Maintaining high professional standards of competence and financial integrity.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of legal developments, including compliance with continuing professional and development requirements.
- Such other tasks as the firm may from time to time require.
Qualifications: There are no specific qualifications required but please see experience requirement below
Experience: Minimum of one years experience in a similar post although this requirement can be waived by the Partners.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Excellent communicator, both face to face and over the telephone.
- Ability to draft and prepare clear and concise documents.
- Be able to work independently but also as a part of a team
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to negotiate where appropriate.
- Work accurately under pressure.
- Prioritise tasks.
- Effective management of time.
- Good standard of computer literacy with a willingness and ability to learn new technology.
- Research skills.
- Able to use a case management system.
- Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment
- Pleasant, approachable and polite
- Flexible and adaptable
- Highly motivated
Application process: Submit your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No application form is required.