Company / Corporate Solicitor: Cheshire
Our Corporate and Commercial Department is currently looking for a Solicitor to join our established Legal 500 ranked team. You will be working directly with experienced and professionally recognised Partners to continue to grow and promote the Firm’s Commercial offering.
The team has a great amount of collective experience and our 3 lead Partners have over 55 years experience between them. This ensures specialist knowledge and commercial awareness equal to that of city centre practices. The team is able to deal with complex, large value transactions, often with city centre practices acting for the other parties.
Our aim at Butcher & Barlow is to build long term relationships with our clients through trust and respect and unpinning those relationships with a sense of togetherness and a common goal. We work with our clients, not for them, working with them to make the right decisions.
We work with each other with the same integrity, inspiring confidence in our clients, professional contacts and colleagues through our collaborative approach, working as a teams to progress matters quickly and efficiently.
Working from our dedicated Commercial hub on Gadbrook Park, Northwich, your role will be varied and challenging, but rewarding.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have 2-3 years PQE working in a corporate and commercial team, preferably with experience of corporate transactional work.
The role would suit a person who has an excellent knowledge of business law but is willing to continue to learn.
You will be working within a team structure, and will therefore benefit from supervision and support, but you must be capable of working on smaller, lower value transactions independently from the outset.
What we expect of you
- The ability to manage your own caseload.
- Be comfortable maintaining and strengthening existing client and professional relationships and helping build new.
- Have competent IT skills including the use of a case and document management system and be willing to learn new technology.
- An excellent communicator, both face to face and over the telephone.
- Ability to draft and prepare clear and concise documents.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work accurately under pressure
- Good time and file management skills and be able to prioritise tasks.
- An interest in marketing and in developing the Firm’s practice including attendance at business development events and working with and supporting the Firm’s marketing function.
- Competitive salary plus bonus based on financial performance and additional discretionary bonus
- Five weeks annual leave with the option to purchase additional days.
- Bonus day leave every 5th year in service
- Flexible home working in accordance with the Firm’s Home Working Policy
- ‘Dress for the day’ dress code
Testimonials for the team
‘I have worked Butcher Barlow for 20 years on a business and personal level. They cover every aspect of law. One-stop shop & excellent at what they provide from advice to costing. I have always felt secure with them. I trust them with my life and I don’t say that lightly.’
‘Wide range of legal matters can be catered for. Company buyouts, litigation, disputes, employment & HR.’