Commercial Property Solicitor: Cheshire
Our Commercial Property department is currently looking for a Solicitor to join our established, Legal 500 ranked team. You will be working directly with experienced and professionally recognised Partners to continue to grow and promote the Firm’s Commercial Property offering.
The team has over 150 years collective experience and includes 10 Partners, ensuring specialist knowledge and commercial awareness equal to that of city centre practices.
Our aim at Butcher & Barlow is to build long term relationships with our clients through trust and respect and unpinning those relationships with a sense of togetherness and a common goal. We work with our clients, not for them, in order to help them to make the right decisions.
We work with each other with the same integrity, inspiring confidence in our clients, professional contacts and colleagues through our collaborative approach, working as a team to progress matters quickly and efficiently.
Working from our dedicated Commercial hub on Gadbrook Park, Northwich, your role will be varied and challenging, but rewarding.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have 2-3 years PQE in commercial property work.
The role would suit a person who has an excellent knowledge of property law but is willing to continue to learn.
You will be working within a team structure, and will therefore benefit from supervision and support, but you must be capable of working on smaller, lower value transactions independently from the outset.
What we expect of you
- The ability to manage your own caseload.
- Be comfortable maintaining and strengthening existing client and professional relationships and helping build new.
- Have competent IT skills including the use of a case and document management system and be willing to learn new technology.
- An excellent communicator, both face to face and over the telephone.
- Ability to draft and prepare clear and concise documents.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work accurately under pressure
- Good time and file management skills and be able to prioritise tasks.
- An interest in marketing and in developing the Firm’s practice including attendance at business development events and working with and supporting the Firm’s marketing function.
- Competitive salary plus bonus based on financial performance and additional discretionary bonus
- Five weeks annual leave with the option to purchase additional days.
- Bonus day leave every 5th year in service
- Flexible home working in accordance with the Firm’s Home Working Policy
- ‘Dress for the day’ dress code
Testimonials for the team
‘Strong team based across a number of offices where they are proactive in drawing on their colleagues’ experience across the firm. Genuinely partner-led service.’
‘The team at Butcher & Barlow are very dynamic and have individual strengths resulting in a comprehensive offering. They are quick to refer out for advice to their excellent network of fellow professionals to the benefit of their clients.’
Application process: Submit your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No application form is required.