Assistant Solicitor: Agriculture & Rural Affairs
We are seeking to recruit a solicitor to join our Legal 500 Top Tier Agriculture team.
The Butcher & Barlow Agriculture team has a diverse and extensive client base. You will be working alongside Partners who have many years of experience and who will be available to assist and progress your career. This represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious solicitor who wishes to develop a career in this niche area with a leading regional firm.
Branch: Gadbrook Park, Northwich but Sandbach and Bury considered depending upon experience with flexible working from home.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30 – 5.00
Purpose of Role: To provide advice and assistance to our wide geographically based agricultural and rural clients as directed by the Departmental Head and Partners within the Department.
Responsible to: Head of Department
Qualifications: Qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales.
1-3 years PQE but applicants with greater experience will be welcomed and considered.
Ideally the candidate will have had experience working in an agricultural department for a minimum of 18 months and have a solid background of property transactions. Candidates who have had previous experience of private client and taxation for those in the agricultural and rural community will also be considered.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Have the ability to manage their own caseload, with supervision depending upon experience
- Demonstrate an interest in rural community issues
- Have competent IT skills including the use of a case and document management systems
- Excellent communicator, both face to face and over the telephone.
- Ability to draft and prepare clear and concise documents.
- Be able to work independently but also as a part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to negotiate where appropriate.
- Work accurately under pressure.
- Prioritise tasks.
- Effective management of time.
- Research skills.
- An interest in marketing and in developing the Firm’s practice including attendance at business development events and working with and supporting the Firm’s marketing function.
Application process: Submit your CV with covering letter to email@example.com. No application form is required.