Agriculture and Rural Affairs Solicitor: Cheshire
Our top tier Legal 500 Agriculture Department is currently looking for a Solicitor to join our established team. You will be working directly with experienced and professionally recognised Partners to continue to grow and promote the Firm’s offering for our rural clients.
The Butcher & Barlow Agriculture team has a diverse and extensive client base. You will be working alongside Partners who have many years of experience and who will be available to assist and progress your career. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious solicitor who is looking to develop a career in this niche area with a leading regional firm.
The department’s clients include landed estates, agri-business, tenant farmers, land owners and landowning charities and have strong ties with local land agents, surveyors, auctioneers, developers, promoters, and rural financing specialists.
Our aim at Butcher & Barlow is to build long term relationships with our clients through trust and respect and unpinning those relationships with a sense of togetherness and a common goal. We work with our clients, not for them, working with them to make the right decisions.
We work with each other with the same integrity, inspiring confidence in our clients, professional contacts and colleagues through our collaborative approach, working as a teams to progress matters quickly and efficiently.
Working from our dedicated Commercial and Agriculture hub on Gadbrook Park, Northwich, your role will be varied and challenging, but rewarding.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have 1-3 years PQE and will have worked within an agriculture team for a minimum of 18 months. Applications from solicitors with greater experience will be welcomed and considered.
The role would suit a person with a solid background of property transactions although applicants who have had previous experience of private client and taxation for those in the agricultural and rural community will also be considered, and the role would be developed accordingly.
You will be working within a team structure, and will therefore benefit from supervision and support, but you must be capable of working independently on lower value transactions or less complex matters from the outset.
What we expect of you
- The ability to manage your own caseload.
- Be comfortable maintaining and strengthening existing client and professional relationships and helping build new.
- Have competent IT skills including the use of a case and document management system and be willing to learn new technology.
- An excellent communicator, both face to face and over the telephone.
- Ability to draft and prepare clear and concise documents.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work accurately under pressure
- Good time and file management skills and be able to prioritise tasks.
- An interest in marketing and in developing the Firm’s practice including attendance at business development events and working with and supporting the Firm’s marketing function.
- Competitive salary plus bonus based on financial performance and additional discretionary bonus
- Five weeks annual leave with the option to purchase additional days.
- Bonus day leave every 5th year in service
- Flexible home working in accordance with the Firm’s Home Working Policy
- ‘Dress for the day’ dress code
Testimonials for the team
‘There is a spread of specialisms within the firm and the firm has efficiency in dealing with issues. Prompt response to e-mails and correspondence and in-depth knowledge of the subject matter of the particular case in hand.’
‘You are confident from the first conversation you have with a member of their team that they understand your requirements and will deliver a first-class service that can often exceed your expectation.’
‘We have used Butcher & Barlow on various projects from property sales and purchases, legal disputes and personal cases, they work very well as a team and always bounce suggestions off other colleagues, they can keep to tight deadlines when needed and are normally available out of hours which is very rare in this industry.’
Application process: Submit your CV with covering letter to email@example.com. No application form is required.