I am partner based at the Firm’s dedicated commercial and agricultural office on Gadbrook Park, Northwich. I head up the Firm’s agricultural department and specialise in:
- Agricultural & Residential Property;
- Wills, Inheritance Tax Planning; and
- Administration of Estates.
I was educated at Sandbach School, Warwick University and Chester College of Law. I have an Honours Degree in Law from Warwick University and obtained a distinction in Conveyancing and Property from College of Law Chester.
My personal specialisms include:
- Advising those in the Agricultural and Rural Communities as to the appropriate business structure.
- Preparation of Wills and lasting powers of attorney and the administration of estates
- Acting in connection with high value residential mixed use property.
- Acting for clients who have substantial buy to let property portfolios.
Coming from an agricultural background I have an excellent practical knowledge of all things farming and I act for farmers and land owners at all levels.
I have acted on behalf of numerous farmers in relation to both Agricultural Holdings Act tenancies, farm business tenancies, farm sales and acquisitions including farm divisions.
I am a member of the CLA, the Tenants Farmers Association, British Institute of Agricultural Consultants, and have been named a recommended lawyer in The Legal 500. I am also a member of the Solicitors for the Elderly.
I maintain close links with the farming community being involved in the family farm assisted by my daughter (a veterinary surgeon) and my son (a local accountant).
I actively involved with the local community being a Parish Councillor for Smallwood, a Trustee of the Smallwood Village Hall and a member of the Old Sandbachian Association.
I enjoy all rural pursuits and have a personal interest in classic cars and tractors (owning both).
Outside of the office in addition to actively participating in rural pursuits I enjoy motoring in Europe, watching Formula 1, and off road I enjoy a nice glass or two of red wine.
Legal Insights from Mike
Powers of Attorney & Court of Protection
Wills, Trusts & Probate