I am a partner and as well as running a full caseload I manage the office at London Road, in Northwich. I am a qualified solicitor and an accredited mediator.
I have practiced family law for over 20 years. I attended at the University of Birmingham and completed my LPC at the College of Law in Manchester. I did my training contract at Boote Edgar Esterkin in Manchester. I joined Butcher & Barlow LLP in 2009 and became a Partner in 2011. I have always been based at the office on London Road in Northwich.
My area of practice is family law specialising in complex financial disputes on divorce.
I also have considerable experience in:
- dealing with business and company ownership on divorce;
- cohabitation disputes, pre-nuptial agreements and separation agreements;
- acting on behalf of client’s in respect of private and public law disputes in relation to children;
- representing grandparents and other family members in securing arrangements for them to see children or have children live with them;
- representing client’s involved in paternity disputes securing their rights to see children and representing client’s over parental status regarding IVF issues; and
- dissolutions of civil partnerships and parental disputes in civil partnerships.
I also have a broad depth of knowledge in relation to domestic abuse issues and I have been involved in some cases involving forced marriage.
As an accredited mediator I meet with husband’s and wife’s, cohabitees, civil partners, same sex spouses and wider family members including grandparents, uncles and aunts with a view to resolving family issues in a non-adversarial environment away from the court room.
I am a member of the Law Society Family Law Advanced Accreditation Scheme, the Law Society Family Mediation Panel and Resolution. This year I have been named as recommended lawyer in the Legal 500.
I became a lawyer because of a passion for wanting to empower people to help them understand their rights and achieve fairness. This objective has remained my driving force throughout my career. I pride myself on forging good relationships with clients which frequently leads to personal recommendations and repeat instructions.
I moved to live in Northwich in 2009. After working in Manchester city centre for many years it comes as a breath of fresh air to be able to feel that I am part of such a vibrant and welcoming community and I love working here.